Plan For The Future With Confidence
Rachel Seawell Vogel has been working in the field of Elder Law since 2008. She focuses her practice on Medical Assistance and long-term care planning, as well as estate planning, guardianship and special needs planning. Rachel strives to achieve optimum asset protection for her clients, while ensuring that they meet the strict financial and medical standards to qualify for Medicaid long-term care.
With a strong background and education in history, specifically the Civil War and World War II, Rachel relishes the opportunity to work with the elderly population and wholeheartedly finds satisfaction in advising clients with regards to asset protection and the many options available. She feels incredibly honored to be in a position to guide and help clients in this manner.
Rachel speaks often at various senior centers throughout Maryland about estate and long-term care planning, as well as for different professional organizations. Further, Rachel enjoys attending conferences, seminars and fairs to promote the elder law services provided by the firm.
Rachel is an accredited attorney with the Department of Veterans Affairs, a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, the Special Needs Alliance (affiliate member), the Coalition of Geriatric Services, the American Bar Association, and the Maryland State Bar Association, where she is affiliated with the Elder Law Section and the Estates and Trusts Section.
Rachel and her husband, Colin, enjoy life in Locust Point with their English bulldog, Oz. She has a strong passion for music and enjoys going to concerts in and around Baltimore City. Rachel and her husband enjoy traveling every fall, specifically to Eastern Europe.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware
Juris Doctor – 05/2012
B.A., Bachelor of Arts – 05/2007
Major: History with a concentration in Journalism
- Frequent lecturer to community and professional groups on Estate Planning and Medicaid Long-Term Care Planning
- Assisting disabled Veterans and surviving spouses obtain Veteran's benefits, 2019 to present
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
- Veteran’s Administration, Certified Attorney
- Maryland State Bar Association, Estates section, Elder Law Section and Trusts Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Special Needs Alliance, Affiliate Member
- Coalition of Geriatric Services, Member
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
Current Employment Position
- Medical Assistance
- Long-Term Care Planning
- Estate Planning
- Special Needs Planning
- Maryland, 2012
Classes & Seminars
- First Presbyterian Church, Bel Air, Maryland, 2013
- Panel Discussion at Towson University, 2015
- ENABLED (Exelon/BGE), 2016 and 2017
- Cockeysville Senior Center, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Caregiver Conference at Morgan State University, 2017
- Pickersgill Rightsizing Fair, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Catonsville Senior Center, 2017
- National Business Institute: "Elder Law and Medicaid Planning: Everything You Need to Know", 2018
- Panel Discussion at Myerberg Center, 2018
- Lorien Bel Air, 2019
- SAGE Brigade, Winter Grace Senior Ministry, Highland, Maryland, 2019
- Johns Hopkins University Odyssey Program (guest speaker), 2019
- Rockville Senior Center, 2020
- Beth El Synagogue for the American Association of Daily Money Managers, 2020
- Winter Grace Senior Ministries 50+ Virtual Resource Fair, 2020
- Super Lawyers
- Persons needing long term care, persons with Special Needs, Veterans needing benefits and persons wanting estate planning documents.