Plan For The Future With Confidence
Alexander J. Zarzecki, Esq.
Alex’s practice primarily focuses on elder law and its complexities, including estate and special needs planning, trust administration, guardianships and Medical Assistance planning. Alex also concentrates his practice on probate and estate administration.
With his knowledge of the elder law field, Alex has taught various classes in local colleges and universities in the Baltimore area. As an adjunct professor, Alex co-taught an Elder Law course at the University of Baltimore School of Law. Alex also continuously teaches a course titled “Legal Issues and the Elderly” as part of the Certificate of Aging in the Odyssey Program at Johns Hopkins University. Previously, he has been a guest lecturer at the University of Maryland Law School, the University of Baltimore School of Law, Towson University, and the Odyssey Program at Johns Hopkins University.
In 2021, Alex is scheduled to become a board member of First Maryland Disability Trust, a non-profit organization that operates a pooled asset special needs trust and offers other trust management services, making him a key representative for clients with special needs.
Through his legal experience, Alex attained the accreditation of Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA) from the National Elder Law Foundation (NELF) in 2019, a certification bestowed on those who pass an examination and show a keen knowledge of the intricacies of the field of elder law.
Alex is a Baltimore native and 2005 graduate of the Gilman School.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D. - 2012
- University of Maryland
- B.S. - 2009
- Major: Accounting, with Honors
- First Maryland Disability Trust, Board Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- National Elder Law Foundation
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Baltimore County Bar Association
Past CLE Presentations
- MSBA - Medicaid Nuts and Bolts – 10/10/2019
- MSBA – Hot Topics in Elder Law – 6/5/2019
- MSBA – ABLE, Special Needs Trusts and the New Program Operations Manual System (POMS) – 3/29/2018
- Named to Maryland Super Lawyers® as a Rising Star in 2019, 2020 and 2021
- Maryland, 2012